L5 Direct Consulting, Inc. helps brands do a better job connecting to their customers and clients through relationship marketing. People today are moving away from acquiring “things” and instead gravitating towards experiences. Brands can take advantage of this cultural trend by providing micro-experiences through communications. Even small experiences can create a feeling of relationship that encourages trust and leads to revenue.
L5 Direct’s focus is on end-to-end direct marketing communication strategy. Strategy is channel agnostic and is built on a foundation of business goals and the communications required to succeed. Business goals drive the right audience, messaging, and frequency to ensure messages are relevant and engaging. Direct marketing strategy doesn’t stand alone, but is always integrated across channels and up through the brand’s overarching marketing strategy.
Gretchen Scheiman, CEO, L5 Direct Consulting, Inc.
Gretchen is the founder of L5 Direct Consulting, Inc. Gretchen brings nearly 20 years of direct marketing experience to her clients, both B2B and B2C. Her career began at American Express, in the small business services group where she helped launch the group’s first forays into email marketing and online servicing. As each new digital direct channel has become available to marketers, she has guided traditional marketing teams to implement, test and learn so they can take advantage of the new opportunities. She believes that results rule, content is critical, and listening drives the best results.
At L5 Direct, Gretchen focuses on helping brands communicate with people. She enjoys combining audience insights, available content, and CRM expertise to craft strategies that are executable and results-focused.
Gretchen holds an MBA in Marketing and Finance from NYU Stern School of Business. Outside of crafting CRM strategies, she is very busy sailing in the Hudson River with her husband and two boys and supporting her local community through various volunteer efforts.
Strategy Development & Implementation
B2C & B2B Marketing
Demand Generation & Direct Response Marketing
Email Marketing / Mobile Marketing / Telemarketing
Social Media Integration, Social CRM
Gretchen is available to speak at offsites, onsites, and conferences. She is able to field questions about best practices and has experience participating on panels where the objective is to help employees understand divergent industry viewpoints so they can make more informed business decisions going forward.
- IHG internal best-practices roundtable, October 2011
- MediaPost’s Email Insider Summit, Program Advisory Committee Dec 2009 – Dec 2011; Panelist Dec 2009 – Apr 2011
- Direct Marketing News editorial roundtable discussion, Apr 2011
- Mobile Marketer, “Holiday Mobile Marketing: How to Get it Right at First Go,” a Mobile Marketer webinar, Panelist, Oct 28, 2010
- Mobile Marketing Summit – Holiday Focus 2010, Panelist, Sep 2, 2010
- MediaPost’s Email Insider Summit, Program Advisory Committee and MC, April 2010
- “Everything Email Podcast: Building a Better Email List“, June 2016
- “Focus Groups, Is There A Point?“, Zettasphere, April 2016
- “The Rebel’s Guide to Email Marketing: Grow Your List, Break the Rules, and Win” by DJ Waldow & Jason Falls, August 31, 2012
- Latest MediaPost articles
- “All About Email Live: Interview with Gretchen Scheiman”
- Forrester Report: “How Interactive Marketers Should Ask Users For Data” by Ari Osur, October 5, 2011
- eMarketer, “Mobile Web: Best Practices for Retailers”, by Tobi Elkin, Feb 2011
- Luxury Daily, Lexus boasts superior engineering with musical TV spot, Sep 8, 2010