Earlier this month, the topic of permission spurred heated debate on Inbox Insiders, an industry discussion group in which I participate. One group argued that explicit, up-front permission is the gold standard and that anything less – including eAppends – are unethical. The other group suggested that it should be fine to send an email to someone who has chosen to do business with you and hasn’t opted-out of communications.…Read More
- Great points about designing smart marketing tests. Thanks @jeannejennings and @OnlyInfluencers https://t.co/NIGXPG9FUP, Jan 17
- Four things that you need in your 2018 email marketing planning. Published on @MediaPost https://t.co/NkQzQ9EQ5Z, Dec 15
- Earn back your customers attention with storytelling. Published on @OnlyInfluencershttps://www.onlyinfluencers.com/… https://t.co/y5KqCwkU9j, Dec 6
- RT @cpascalar: Cyber Monday Sees $3.4 Billion in Desktop Online Sales to Rank as Top U.S. Online Spending Day in History https://t.co/pknRuxktR7, Dec 6
- More research here is great, but the recommended actions aren't enough to move the needle on perceptions & change. https://t.co/cIcuiR6cEs, Nov 21
If you would like to learn more about how we can help you connect people to your brand through CRM communications, please reach out to Gretchen Scheiman at 551-655-6459.